2016 Summer Information
Each Monday evening from 7-9 pm, June 13 - August 8 at the Sentinel High School Band Room, 901 South Ave W.
Special extra rehearsal on Sunday, July 3, 7-9 pm. Calendar anomaly!
Each Wednesday evening from 8-9 pm, June 29 - August 10 at the Bonner Park Band Shell, corner of Ronald & Hastings
Special gigs: July 4 at the Southgate Mall at 9:30 pm, and an Osprey game on Tuesday, July 26 at 7:00 pm.
- Gary Gillett - director
- Amanda Tish - administrative assistant
- Bill Roche - announcer
- Bill Hollin - associate conductor
- Dan Dixson - band chaplain
- Dick Johnson - historian
Participation is open to all adult music makers and selected high school students with an application/recommendation/audition. A complete summer commitment is not necessary - come as you can.
Folders may be checked out for practice through the librarian. The folders must be present for each rehearsal & concert - without exception! Call Amanda if you have any concerns at (406) 240-0230.
Yes, this is a semi-professional gig! The City of Missoula fronts us about $6000 for our music. We pay the bills and salaries, and then split the balance evenly between members with at least an 80% attendance rate at rehearsals/gigs.
- Please be at performance site 20 minutes early - for preparations
- Concert dress is casual & appropriate (red, white & blue for July 4!)
- You need your own music stand for concerts!
- Your comments, suggestions, and ideas are encouraged
- Join us on Facebook for regular updates
- Please make regular telephone contact through 728-2400 x 7041